CHM® VacFILSeries are single-use vacuum filtration units for sterile and vacuum filtration, mainly used for filtering and storing cell culture, tissue culture media, biological fluids and other aqueous solutions. The units contain a high quality membranes (PES, MCE, Cellulose Acetate, Nylon and Hydrophilic PVDF) and combine highest flow-rates and throughput with extremely low protein binding and extractable. The new system consists of a polystyrene receiver bottle and filter funnel with a variety of membrane filter choices. Also includes a polyethylene neck adaptor with hose connector for vacuum filtration of your valuable laboratory samples
• Available in 5 different membranes: PES, MCE, Cellulose Acetate, Nylon and Hydrophilic PVDF
• Two membrane pore sizes: 0.22 μm and 0.45 μm
• Two funnel volumes: 250 and 500 ml
• Three receiver bottle volumes: 250, 500 and 1000 ml
• Membrane diameter: 50 and 90 mm
• Light weight and heavy wall construction
• Sterile, individually packed
• PES (Polyethersulfone) with low protein binding and low extractable are the best choice for sterile filtration
of cell culture media, serum, additives and buffers. Substantially faster flow rates than PVDF.
• MCE (Mixed Cellulose Ester) for sterile filtration, prefiltration or clarification of buffers and other aqueous solutions when protein binding trace is not a concern.
• CA (Cellulose Acetate). Fast flow rates and low protein binding are good for filtering cell culture media.
• Nylon. Provides a broad range of chemical compatibility for the filtration of either aqueous or organic solvents; hydrophilic; it can be used in a broad pH range. Surfactant-free and offer the lowest extractable.
• PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride). Extremely low protein-binding. For filtration of non-aggressive aqueous and mild organic solutions, or were maximizing protein recovery is important